· Conceptual – The conceptual area is where we define the ‘what’. In technology terms this means ‘what’ technology capabilities are required to provide the appropriate technology infrastructure for the enterprise.
· For example, Data Integration Services is a technology capability that describes ‘what’ is needed – but does not stipulate how – this capability is to be realised.
· Logical – The logical area is where we define the ‘how’. In technology terms this is the next level of abstraction of ‘how’ the ‘what’ will be achieved.
· These deals in terms of the classes of technology and the technology products that are available to realise the Technology Capabilities.
· Physical – The physical captures the implementation and deployments of technology in the enterprise.
· In the technology layer this means the lowest level of abstraction and captures the instances of the technology products and where they are physically deployed.