· Microsoft SQL Server Sustained Engineering group is pleased to announce the release of SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3. Both the Service Pack and Feature Pack updates are available for download on the Microsoft Download Center. As part of our continued commitment to software excellence for our customers, this upgrade is free and doesn’t require an additional service contract.
SQL Server 2008 SP3 contains fixes to issues that have been reported through our customer feedback platforms and Hotfix solution provided in SQL Server 2008 SP2 Cumulative Update 1 thru to Cumulative Update 4. Service Pack 3 also includes supportability enhancements and issues that have been reported through Windows Error Reporting system.
A few customers requested updates in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP3 are:
· Enhanced upgrade experience from previous versions of SQL Server to SQL Server 2008 SP3. In addition, we have increased the performance & reliability of the setup experience.
· In SQL Server Integration Services logs will now show the total number of rows sent in Data Flows.
· Enhanced warning messages when creating the maintenance plan if the Shrink Database option is enabled.
· Resolving database issue with transparent data encryption enabled and making it available even if certificate is dropped.
· Optimized query outcomes when indexed Spatial Data Type column is referenced by DTA (Database Tuning Advisor).
· Superior user experience with Sequence Functions (e.g Row_Numbers()) in a Parallel execution plan.
To obtain SQL Server 2008 SP3 with its improved security and supportability please visit the links below:
Related Downloads & Documents: